If you are looking for a no prep pre-primer sight word practice sheets, then you’ve come to the right place!
When it comes to sight words, I have found that repetition and immersion are two very important steps to teaching them. Constant reminders and visuals help kids learn them faster, and retain them forever. To go along with me Pre-Primer 4×6 Cards, I made these awesome no prep worksheets.
Pre-Primer Sight Words Worksheets
- 40 pages. One page for all 40 of the Dolch pre-primer sight words
- On every page for every sight word kids are asked to:
- Color in the sight word
- Trace the sight word
- Shape the sight word (Each letter of the word, gets placed in order in a box that mimics its shape)
- Create the sight word. (In the photos above, you can see that it says “stamp” it. I changed it to say create it. So your kiddos can use anything… stamps, stickers, letter tiles, etc.
- Write the sight word
- Circle the sight word
- Beginning Letter Sounds Worksheets
- Primer Sight Words – Flashcards
- First-grade sight words! *Flashcards*
As you know, I am a self-proclaimed “Supplemental School Mom.” Meaning: my boys go to public school, but I wish I were homeschooling them. So in addition to their school work, I like to create resources for the kids and myself to work on together. For them, it does not feel like work at all. When I am sitting down next to them, “helping” them color in a sight word, or encouraging them while tracing and writing their words – it is FUN for them… and if I am being honest, myself too. My phone is nowhere near us, and it is 10 minutes of one-on-one educational time with my kids.