I love making these flashcards, for little learners, and just finished making these First Grade Sight Words. I use them at home with my 1st grader and will continue to make them as he progresses throughout his education. So far for sight words, I offer the pre-primer, and primer sight words. As far as phonics I also offer the Blends, CVC words, and Beginning Letter Sound 4×6 flashcards.
Today, I am sharing with you these First Grade Sight Words Flashcards! I love these. They are so easy to use, and print. I send them right to the photo center and have them printed on 4×6 photo paper. They cost just a few cents each. You can even google a Shutterfly code, and have them printed and then mailed directly to your house, for just a few bucks!
First Grade Sight Words:
How does this work?
Easy. The file to download the First Grade Flashcards is completely free and found below. What makes these different from “standard” flashcards, is that they were created to fit on 4×6 photo paper. More specifically to be printed at your local photo copy and print center (like Wal-mart)!
Making them 4×6 flashcards makes it SO MUCH EASIER. Seriously!
- There is no cutting for you
- You can print them in full color for super cheap
- They are all the same exact size
- You can get them in an hour or less
- Super affordable
- Higher quality than copy paper. Read- Less likely (not as easy) to tear/rip/destroy them
- The fit perfectly in the Iris Organizing Container
So what do I do now?
Click HERE to download the file. It is a zipped file. Save the file to your computer and either:
- Directly upload the images to your preferred store, and then have the flashcards shipped to you, or you can pick them up right at the store
- Save the images to a USB and take them to your local store (Like: Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, etc.) and print them yourself!
I have a lot of other completely free 4×6 flashcards that are all set and ready to be printed as well! Here are just a few of the options. To see them all head over to my Flashcard / Activity Card page!
How I store my Flashcards?
One of my favorite features of the 4×6 flashcards is that I have all of them in one beautifully organized case. I have this one. It holds 16 different sets of flashcards, and up to 100 cards in each case! It is great.