Having these writing guides out and readily available for my kids was one of the best decisions was a game-changer for them (and me!) I distinctly remember my making them for my oldest when he was around 4.5 years old. We were homeschooling preschool and he struggled with remembering how to form the letters of the alphabet, as well as numbers.
I created these writing guides and laminated them. I kept the uppercase alphabet and lowercase alphabet back to back – and laminated the number writing guide separately. *I love this inexpensive laminator! I get a TON of use out of it* I keep the writing guides out honor homeschool table. Now my 5 year old uses them – and because I laminated the writing guides 5 years ago they are still perfect!
Preschool Writing Guides:
Why you should offer your children this Number and Letter Writing Guide Set?
- Builds their confidence. When they show you their work and you can clearly read the text they feel so much pride not having to tell you what they wrote.
- Easier for you! They are able to complete more of their work without asking you for help.
- Having the writing guides in front of them makes their lives easier – therefore they will be more likely to do their work without complaint. This also goes back to their pride and building their confidence.
- They will master their handwriting abilities more quickly. When they are presented with the correct alphabet and numbers they make fewer mistakes. Therefore, their handwriting improves more quickly!
Interested in other Preschool Activities? Make sure you check out my full list of FREE printables!
Related Content you don’t want to miss out on:
- Preschool Assessment & Goals Workbook
- Preschool Daily Learning Workbook
- Lego Duplo Number Cards
- Lego Duplo Alphabet Cards
HOLD ON! I have updated the Letter and Number Writing guides – since creating the originals years ago. I now offer the writing guides in both 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 14 sizes. Perfect for individual pages – but the larger size makes for beautiful posters and anchor charts!