Shapes For Kids – Activities for kids 20 months and older
I absolutely love seeing older toddlers (Pre- Preschoolers) as they learn and explore their surroundings. Nothing beats sitting down with a little one and watch their eyes light up when they learn something new. Their excitement / celebrations and enthusiasm is contagious.
I recently sat down with Greyson (27 months) to work on his basic shape recognition and matching. He absolutely loved this activity.
I loved watching him pick up and inspect his buttons – and find the matching shape on his paper. He really enjoyed it – and I did do.
Shapes For Kids – How It Works:
- Download and print your shapes for kids cards. I laminated mine just to make them sturdier – but it is not necessary.
- Put your multi purpose Large Shape Buttons into a container
- Have your little one select a button – and watch them inspect it. They will flip it around in their hands. Show them how to trace the edges with their pointer finger.
- Have them compare the button that is in their hand, to the cards on the floor.
- They will place the button on the card that shows the same shape that they are holding!
Shapes: In the free download you’ll receive the following shapes.