I made these CVC Worsheets a few week ago, for Greyson. He enjoyed working through all of the vowels (A,E,I,O,U). He was actually so proud of himself that he asked to turn his completed CVC worksheets into a bound book to show Scott when he came home from work.
I am really proud of how well Greyson is sounding out his words. He is doing great at decoding a word to figure it out. He is also doing great at sounding out each letter while putting them together to form a word. He is working really hard at this skill, and it is paying off big time for him!
How the CVC Worksheets Work:
- Download and print out your cvc worksheets
- Have your child go down the left column and sound out each CVC word.
- Once he has sounded it out – have them draw a line from the word to the matching image
- Going straight across from the image – have your child write out the CVC word.
Taking it a step further
- In addition to the Sound it – Match It – Write It activity I have included an additional CVC sorting activity!
- While your child is working on their CVC worksheets – cut out the image squares. (They are included in the last two pages of the download)
- Scramble the squares
- Lay out your A – E – I – O – U pages that have the 9 squares
- Have your child pick an image and sound it out.
- Have them place the image on the correct page.
- Does it have a Middle A, E, I, O, or U sound?
- It is likely your little one will need some assistance with this activity
- It is a GREAT way for your child to really start hearing the difference between vowel sounds. This is a learned skill that is best taught by practice and repetition!
Looking for more resources on sounding out words? Than, I’ve got you covered!!
Loading InLinkz ...