I am a firm believer in creating systems for your life that work FOR you! Whether it be a whole room (Like and office) that is designed, curated, and maintained in such a way that allows you to be productive. Or if it is a well organized under the sink cabinet- that holds your cleaning supplies. Everything from your home, to your car, right down to your desk drawers should be working for you!
As it turns out my purse/wallet was NOT working for me. As a matter of fact, they were a hot mess. I use and love my budgeting envelopes (brand new ones for 2018 can be found here). However, the envelopes were too big to fit in my wallet, so it would just get tossed into my purse (read: diaper bag). They would end up getting ripped, crumpled, stuck to half eaten treats, or soaked from a spilled sippy cup. The list of damages could go on forever.
Since my old system was absolutely not working for me. I would end up not keeping up throughout the month with my envelopes since 1) It was too hard to find it in twastelandand that is the bottom of my diaper bag 2) it would become completely destroyed. Not anymore, folks!
When I saw the Better Together Daily Wallet from MochiThings while wasting time on Pinterest, I knew it was EXACTLY what I needed. It would be (and is!) perfect for my new envelopes, it would be able to hold all of my cards some cash, a notepad, and even my phone if need be. It was adorable and finally something that would work FOR ME! So, I double checked the sizing specs, and ordered it.
Now that I’ve been using it for a while, I can say with complete and total honesty that it is better than I had hoped. That is so rare and so awesome when that happens.
So what exactly is in my wallet?
- Obviously, my monthly envelope. It keeps it nice and neat all month long.
- I keep one of my favorite pens (They erase) and a highlighter ( I am using the new gel highlighters, and like them). I use the highlighter to mark my Walmart purchases on my envelope after I submit the receipt into Walmart saving catcher. Sometimes I’ll go through my receipts while Scott is driving and submit a handful of them at one time.
- Sometimes if I am lucky, I have a little cash to keep in there, too
- I have my debit card, our emergency credit card, my work debit card, my paypal debit card, and license. Even with all those cards, I have room to store more.
- The Better Together Daily Wallet comes with this adorable notepad, which comes in handy a lot more than I though it would!
- I added the calculator. If I am not using it in the store, it is something I can give to Hudson, it entertains / keeps him distracted for quite some time!
Having my cards, cash, and monthly budgeting envelope all in one easy to use space – makes all the difference. Every purchase is accounted for, I never have to dig through my purse to find my wallet, phone or a pen.
When you are trying to get out of debt – being organized while you are out and about spending money is essential. If you are not on top of your finances at all times, you will constantly be taking one step forward and two steps back.