This holiday season I did the majority of my shopping on Amazon. Thanks to some tips and tricks I have learned along the way I was able to save money — a lot of money! Today I am going to share with you all I have learned so you can start saving money on Amazon, too!
Saving Money Via Prime!
- Right off the bat you should be Amazon prime members! The free shipping is amazing. As long as you have self control it can save you a ton of money. When I go to a brick and mortar store I always ALWAYS spend more than I’d like. This stops that. I can buy everything from toilet paper to televisions right down to stocking stuffers. Saving Money With Prime – How To. SHARE IT. Did you know that you can add up to 4 other members to your prime account? Amazon Prime costs $99 a year for one person. Split that 5 ways and it is only $20!!
- Important- Do Not setup one click purchases. It makes it way too easy to buy items. You can end up with buyers remorse pretty often—and you’ll end up spending money you shouldn’t
- Coupons! Yes, Seriously!! Amazon offers coupons for a lot of everyday items. They are so easy to use, just click on the ones you want to use to “clip and use” them.
- Prime Perk – As a prime member you’ll receive 30 minute early access for their sales and deals. 30 minutes is not much BUT it can make or break you grabbing the daily deal, or their black Friday deals!
Watch Those Delivery Dates!
- If you order a watch, and it is delivered on a Monday. You have 7 calendar days from Monday to get a refund IF the price of that watch drops in price! Amazon does not do this automatically- you’ll have to contact customer support, but a simple chat can get you some money in the banks! Every.Cent.Matters when you are currently trying to get out and stay out of debt – if you are using the 2016 Soon-T0-Be Debt Free Workbook, you know this!
- Did Amazon miss their expected delivery date? Chat with customer support and you can either get a refund on the shipping (if you are not receiving free shipping through Prime) OR a one month extension on your prime membership!
Did You Know Amazon Had These?
- Amazon’s Trade In Program- Did you know you can trade in your old phones, textbooks, gaming systems, and so much more. You can do this and receive big Amazon gift cards. Take an Iphone5 a company like verizon might give you $65 credit for the phone, whereas Amazon is likely to give you over $200.00 in Amazon gift cards!
- Amazon’s Outlet, Warehouse, and MyHABIT – Did you know about these options?!
- Amazon’s Outlet- Here you can find awesome deals on NEW itmes that are at least 30% off!
- Amazon’s Warehouse – If items are returned to Amazon they are sent to the warehouse. Here they are inspected and they determine their condition. If it is acceptable it goes here where they offer massive discounts on the opened / returned items! Huge way to save money!
- Amazon’s MyHABIT- Here you can find designer goods for a fraction of the original price!
- Amazon Gold Box– Amazon runs daily deals that are very similar to Black Friday discounts.
Saving Money By Being Patient
- One of my favorites! Use the website camelcamelcamel.com to monitor the price history of an item you’d like to purchase and sign up for a price drop notification!! Being patient can really save you big bucks in the long run!
- College students cam get a 6-month free trail of Prime! They also receive special discounts through Amazon Student
- You can get discounted Kindle Books and free androids apps – daily! Grab the Kindle reading app here!
- Through amazon you can go to the Kindle lending Library and read for free!
- Getting married? Setup a wedding registry!! The items that were not purchased will receive a 10% discount! This also works for a baby registry but you’ll get 15% discount for those un-purchased items!!
- You can get two free audio books by signing up for Audibles free 30-day trial!
Do you guys know any other awesome ways to save with Amazon, that I missed? Please let us know!