I am not sure how it happened so quickly but I woke up the other day and realized I am only 2.5 months away from my due date! I feel like the time has been going by so much faster with this pregnancy than with Greyson’s. Maybe it has something to do with already having a child to chase around.
I have been starting to get ready for this new transition, little by little. We still have a wicked long to-do list but at least we are starting to make some progress. A few of the major items on the list are:
- Transition Greyson to his new room (so the baby can have his room)
- Sort through and wash all of the babies clothes. He will need to have something to wear after all
- Pick out a car seat (I think we are going to go with this one)
- Make a whole freezer full of crockpot / just throw it in the oven meals
- Prepare Greyson for this major life change
The last item has been weighing on my mind the most. Thankfully, Greyson is over the moon excited to be a big brother. Every.Single.Day he asks Scott and I if “The baby is big enough to come out”. He talks about the baby constantly, and shares the news that he is a big brother with anyone who will listen. Despite his enthusiasm I am a little nervous that he might not handle the transition as well as he thinks he will.
See, for the past 4 years he has had mine (and Scott’s) 100% undivided attention. Well, now that a newborn is going to join us that will go from 100% to more like a 60 (baby) to 40% (Greyson) ratio. It is just a fact that newborns require a lot more attention in the beginning. I fear that Greyson will feel less-loved or resentful or lonely or a million other sad emotions.
So, the other day I was searching around the interwebs trying to find something extra special for Greyson. A gift from his little brother (once he arrives). A little something that will reinforce the love we have for Greyson, and try to show that by having a new baby in the house the amount of love he is surrounded by only increases. I know we can’t “buy” his love – but presents never hurt… and I like to give gifts for major milestones.
Well, I found it! I found an amazing gift idea for BOTH Greyson and the baby! And I am excited to share it with all of you.
I came across a company called ISeeMe. As I was searching through their products I knew without a doubt I had found the perfect gift for Greyson from the baby. AND a few extra special gifts for the baby! 🙂
ISeeMe offers personalized products- but my favorite are the books. They go way beyond just throwing your kids name on the cover. Their name is found all throughout the books, incorporated into the illustrations, and is fully customized to your child! They are AWESOME!
Here are three that I thought would be great for a new baby:
- Hello World! It is me, *Insert child’s name here*- This is an awesome book that talks about your babies birth including their stats! I actually started getting teary eyed reading it. I am pretty darn sure this will be the babies Christmas present. He is only getting one or two from us (since he will only be a week old or so).
Seriously, how adorable are these pages!?!?
- My Very Own Name- If only we had a clue what this little boys name was going to be; I would have already ordered this one.
- If you are interested in this book, I found a coupon that will snag you an additional 15% off! Use code NAME15 – or Just Click Here!
- Who Loves *Insert child’s name here*- This book talks about all the special people in your child’s life that love them! You get to actually add the names of the child’s loved ones!
- Grandma and Papa _____, Sister ______, Aunt _____, etc.
I know that I would have loved to receive one of these books as a gift after Greyson was born! We always do gifts for family and friends after giving birth, and these will be my new go to! I love that the stories are great, but that it is more than just a book. They are keepsakes! Win-Win.
Here are three books that I fell in love with for Greyson!
- A-B-C- This book goes through the alphabet talking about all the amazing things your child can be when they grow up.
- The Super Incredible Big Brother- This one even comes with a special medal for your little one! I can just see Greyson coming into the hospital room after the birth and getting to open this book and put on his special medal! *Cue more teary eyes*
- The Very Important Preschooler- I SO SO SO wish I had found this company before Greyson started preschool a few week ago. I would have ordered this one in a heartbeat. My sister in law and I actually searched for books at Barnes and Noble before our kids started Preschool. None of them really stood out to me, so I never bought one. However, this story was fantastic!
So even though the boys might be getting a few of the books I listed above, I am pretty sure Greyson will be getting the M is for Me Personalized book. As thee gift from his baby brother.
There are a few reasons why I selected this one over the others:
- I love that this book gives him so much positive attention. Every letter is a positive / loving affirmation. I think he would probably benefit from the extra loving words.
- He will be learning a ton of new vocabulary words!
- Extraordinary, Zany, Wise, and so many more!
- Since he is able to recognize his name printed out, I think he would absolutely love finding his name on the pages. *Like a seek and find*
- It is an awesome alphabet book in addition to the points above!
A few other things I would be remiss if I did not tell you. When you go to the site and want to select a book, you can “Take a tour” – you’ll be able to see what the book will look like once you’ve personalized it, as well as read every single page! I love that I don’t just get an excerpt of the story, I can read it in its entirety before purchasing.
In addition to the personalized books they also have personalized:
- Coloring Books
- Puzzles – Greyson would love this!
- …and more
So please tell me when you had your second child did the new baby do anything special for their older brother / sister? I’d love to know what your family did to make the transition easier!
*I was compensated for writing this post, but all opinions are completely mine. I was not asked to “say” anything in particular. I just shared my honest thoughts about these amazing books with you!