This past Wednesday I celebrated my 29th birthday. Minus the nasty weather it was a great day. Scott and I agreed many years ago that we would always take each-others birthdays off and spend the day with one another. It is one of the best deals we’ve ever made. I recommend making the same deal with your spouse!
However, on the morning of my birthday I looked into the mirror and was a little shocked at what I saw! I did not see a 29 year old, instead I saw a much older – haggard – exhausted woman. I had a long internal conversation with myself. I asked myself why I did not take better care of myself over the last decade? I wished I had drank a lot more water – and maybe it would have been a great idea to remove my makeup before bed…. you know, ever.
I thought about how I am always told that I look tired – even when I am not. I thought about how I am always adding cream blush to my cheeks to give it a little life. My skin looks and feels so dull!
Then I reminded myself that it was my birthday and to not go down a negative self image spiral. I started looking on the bright side of things… that once spring finally arrives and I get tan I will look better. It will help mask the dark circles under my eyes that my preschooler even notices. That once the weather gets better and the extremely cold air, and intense winds go away my skin will improve.
The truth is it wont- If I do not start taking better care of myself, I will just continue to age more rapidly then I would prefer.
Enter my new favorite tool, in the whole world!
Yep- I could not be happier! Seriously. I NEED to start taking care of myself more. Invest in me – once in a while.
Now don’t get me wrong. I have more products then one person could ever need! I’ve tried it all. My skin has always been very very dry. I could single handily keep the moisturizing industry thriving. I’ve tried the exfoliating scrubs – coconut oil – cleansing pads – my skin is flaky, and feels like it is tearing if I do not put lotion on IMMEDIATELY following a shower.
This past winter the dryness was taken to a whole new level. With windgusts putting the temperature at -36, my face took a beating. The very first time i used the Silk’N SonicCleanPlus I could already tell a difference. For the first time in months my makeup did not look dry and flaky. I did not have dry patches all over my face – especially around my nose and chin. This has been the first product that has ever actually removed my dead skin WITHOUT irritating my face or causing breakouts. Amazing!
I thought I would pick my top 5 reasons why I love this.
- It is the perfect price for the value. I’ve tried the drugstore facial brushes but they just don’t work. I also, do not think spending hundreds of dollars on a cleaning brush is the smartest decision. SO for less than 100 bucks, this is the perfect price to splurge to personal investment ration
- It has a stand. This may seem silly but I love that I can put it in the stand to charge, and it looks nice and neat on my counter top. Plus – if it out and not in the bathroom cabinet it will get used.
- Multiple modes. It can pulsate or vibrate, and each mode offers two different speeds. I prefer a different speed on my cheeks than I do on my forehead. I really appreciate the options!
- It is also made to be used on your whole body. I love that I can exfoliate & get a deep clean on more than just my face. I will certainly appreciate the smoother legs this summer.
- It comes with different brushes for different needs.
They claim to remove 6x more makeup and dirt than hands alone. I have no scientific research to back up their claims- but I certainly felt a HUGE difference in my skin after the first use. It has felt smoother, it looks less dull and again, no more flaking. I feel like a new woman.
I am thinking that the hair remover would be awesome! I am thinking it could be a huge time saver! 🙂
Disclaimer- I was provided a product to review. All opinions are as always 100% my own!