This digital book app brings “Green Eggs and Ham” to life with delightful animations, fun interactions, and new Learning Activities that help reinforce key literacy skills like spelling, rhyming, and reading comprehension!
I have never been shy about telling people that we allow Greyson to play with electronics (Our phones, the computer, the Ipad, etc). Both Scott and I believe that they can be educational when used appropriately and in moderation. We are, however pretty darn picky about what apps he is exploring on them! So, when I was asked if I would review the new Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham – Read & Learn App I jumped at the chance! Let me tell you, it does not disappoint!
Personally I really liked the look of the app. It follows the feel of the actual book (while it reads the story), and I think that is great.
A few of my other favorite features are:
- You can tap, drag and / or tilt your device to interact with the story.
- I LOVE that no matter what you touch on the screen, it tells you what it is (says “tree”) AND the word, tree shows up on the screen briefly.
- On every page there is a star your child has to find. Once found you can click on it and you are sent to a “Learning Activity” that goes along with the story. The activities touch on: spelling, rhyming, phonics, and reading comprehension. Included in the app are over 30 learning activities
- I LOVE that the activities are short and completely optional. They do not take up too much time, therefore, your child will not lose track of the story. They really nailed the timing down perfectly!
- As the story is read aloud the words are highlighted, as the narrator says them. Just like above I absolutely love this. It helps teach vocabulary, and allows emerging readers to easily follow along with the story.
- For parents- there is a section where you can track minutes spent reading, and the pages read!
- Bonus- You do not have to worry about any in app purchases!
Make sure you download and enjoy it with your little ones! This app is iOS Exclusive!
Greyson asked me multiple times throughout the day if he could play the story game again – on my phone. I loved sitting down with him and interacting with this app. This app is not only educational but it is also a lot of fun – with its simple design any child will enjoy this new way to enjoy the classic Dr. Seuess’ Green Eggs & Ham story!
Disclosure- This post has been sponsored by Oceanhouse Media, but as always all opinions are 100% my own.