Knowing that letter sounds is a major component to becoming a reader; we’ve been working a lot on beginning letter sounds around here, lately. I have already shared 76 activity cards, and this workbook! Today I am going to share with you a 26 page printable that works on Letter sounds, but also handwriting practice and some fun Building Block letter creations!
[ddownload id=”3325″ style=”button” button=”grey” text=”Click Here to Download!”]
This 26 page printable packet is awesome. Your preschooler works on their handwriting practice – Both uppercase and lowercase letters. They get to create the letters of the alphabet using building blocks, AND they get to glue images that match the letter sounds (Three per letter, except X and Z)
How it works:
- Every page (26 of them) has a line to practice both the Uppercase and Lowercase letter writing
- The upper right corner shows the letter created with building blocks. Have your child look at the image, and duplicate it with their own building blocks!
- Having your preschooler recreate these images will advance their spatial reasoning skills. Children with higher spatial skills have shown to perform better on standardized testing.
- Building block play has also been linked with higher math skills, and problem solving capabilities!
- You can download my a Building Block number cards – to advance these skills even more!
- The last 5 pages of the printable have rectangles with a single image in them. Cut out the images
- Have your child look at the images (you might want to separate them out, to only have a few letter images in front of them at once)
- Have your child select what images (3) begin with the correct letter sound
- Glue the images on the numbers 1, 2 and 3
- You are done!
If you are looking for other activities that will help your preschooler along the path to becoming an amazing reader. Check you my full list of Pre-Readers printables!!