We are just shy of two weeks before the kiddos head back to school! As we gather the school supplies, new clothes, and get our space organized and ready for the back to school season – I wanted to share some fun / adorable breakfast ideas.
Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It can be so easy to just toss some sugar cereal in a bowl, and get the kids out the door for school, but with very little prep, and just a tiny (if any) extra time in the morning, you can send your kids off with a hot breakfast every day. Or at least more than last year! At least it is my goal, this school season!
Back To School Breakfast Ideas
- Easy Pencil Waffles
- Owl Fruit Toast
- Apple Waffles
- School Bus Pancakes
- Dino Waffles
- Apple Bookworm Pancake Pops
- Chocolate Crepes With Strawberries and Cream
- Mini Apple Spice Cupcakes
- Breakfast Pops
- Monster Cookie Breakfast
- Back To School Doughnut Breakfast
- Breakfast Banana Split
- Funfettie Pancakes
- Colorful Cheerios Bars
- Oatmeal Owls
OR if you could not care less about a fancy looking breakfast (So fun on the first day, but talk to me when February rolls around!!) Here are some EASY, everyday yummy breakfast options – and in all honestly, they tend to be a lot healthier than the ones above. But still, those are so fun for the first day back to school!
- Oatmeal. I like to make a big batch on Sunday, and have it for the next couple of days for everyone. Throw some chunks of fruit (Strawberries or blueberries) on top after it is reheated (30 seconds in the microwave, with a dash of milk) and BAM warm, nutritious breakfast!
- Eggs. Crack one egg into a microwavable mug, use a for to whisk it. Microwave for 30 seconds and you have a scrambled egg. Again, on Sundays, I like to chop up some ham and shred some cheddar cheese to toss in with the scrambled egg. If you have an extra minute, throw in some toast to spice things up! 🙂
- My father in law has been known to even make some omelets the night before, and keep them in the refrigerator for the next few days. All you have to do is reheat, and they are just as delicious!
- For the super moms – Smoothies to wash down all the delicious food above! – From what I have read you can portion out your smoothie ingredients the Sunday before, and it makes it so easy to make them in the morning. I truthfully have never done this – BUT I am going to give it a try this year! If I can trick my kids into some veggies in their fruit smoothie in the morning, I will feel like I won the lottery!
Leave a Reply