Today’s message might be a little hard for some to hear – but I believe that it is really important, and it is something you need to really think about. You might have your debt free workbook set-up your budget planned out, you know which debts you are going to tackle first – but the numbers are not just adding up.
Even with extra money allocated to your debt snowball – you will have two decades before you’ll be debt free at this rate. Here comes the hard truth – sometimes you need to make more money. If you really want to become debt free you need to make more money.
I am sure some of you are already rolling your eyes. Saying “Well of course we need more money” “who doesn’t!” The reality is you need to take control of your finances and your future and make more money. This can mean so many different things for so people.
Real Ways to Make More Money:
- Start A Blog – This is not a get rich quick stream – but it is a life changer. If you are interested in how to start a profitable blog, make sure you check out this post!
- Answer Surveys – There are a lot of companies out there for this. I personally recommend inboxdollars.com! You wont be able to quit your day job, but it will help pay down your debts faster!
- Clean Homes- Seriously! People pay good money for a trustworthy and detail oriented cleaning man/lady. Make sure you are professional, gentle with their belongings, polite, and good! You can easily make a few hundred dollars a week doing this, just part time!
- Clean Commercially – If you want to make good money, clean businesses. You know that hometown store you go in and think to yourself “why wont you dust those shelves!?” – Well give them your business card and offer to do it for them! Companies pay big bucks for cleaning services.
- Walk Pets – There are a lot of elderly people that pay to have their dogs walked, because they cannot do it themselves.
- Babysit / Nanny – Double check your states requirements, before you offer to babysit 3 kids at once!
- Uber Driver- I have heard of a lot of people doing this. Just be safe!!! I know of people who make 300-500 dollars on a Saturday night.
- Party Planner – Can you throw a party that everyone talks about? Then do it for side income! Use your talents to make you money
- Party Planner Assistant- Offer (for a smaller price) to help assist moms at their kids party. Help keep an eye on the kids, set-up, clean-up, decorate, etc.
- Grape Harvester – Where we live there are vineyards all around us. In the summer time they are always hiring for grape pickers. The work is not really something you’ll look forward too – but the paycheck is worth it.
- Shovel or Plow Snow – This is a huge need. (where we live) If you have a plow on your truck you can make thousands a month!! You can make 20 bucks to shovel a pathway to a persons front or back door – or to clean off their porch, etc. It is a lot of hard work, but again it is money!
- Photography – Are people always asking you to take their family photos (I am thinking of my dear cousin right now), by all means do it BUT NOT FOR FREE! Don’t let people take advantage of your skill sets.
- Clean Cars – Offer to clean both the interior and the exterior of vehicles at the owners home! $50.00 for a full exterior detail, $60.00 for an interior and $90.00 for both.
- User Testing – Did you know that you can get paid to look at apps and websites? Checkout usertesting.com
- Virtual Assistant – Bloggers are constantly hiring for a trustworthy and hardworking Virtual Assistant! A good once can make over $60,000 a year (if you work for two or more blogs)
- Farm Stand- Do you garden? Start selling your surplus! Having a small farm stand at the end of your driveway can provide you with some extra cash in hand.
- Sell/donate blood, plasma – You can make up to $50.00 per donation.
- Swagbucks / Bing Rewards – These will not allow you to quit your day job – however, it will allow you to treat yourself to dinners (for free), amazon gift cards, etc.
- Teach a Skill – Coupons / grocery shopping. Cake decorating. You can talk to your local church to see if they would let you teach your courses there – you can probably use the space for free.
- Bake – Sell baked goods!
- Tutor – Schools / parents are always looking for good tutors for their children
- Social Media Manager – Bloggers have so many urgent needs constantly pulling their attention. Social Media Managers can make over $25,000 !!
- Scanning Your Groceries – National Consumer Panel (NCP) allows you to sign up and use their app to scan the barcodes on your receipts, you will be compensated for your scans. Check it out HERE.
- Make Meals – Do you know parents that struggle with getting it all done. Sell homemade meals. They can be freezer meals, OR they can be fresh (delivered to their door, or picked up on their way home from work)
These are just a few general ideas on how you can make more money. When you are paying off debts I think it is important to have as many income streams as possible. What would happen if you lost your job tomorrow? However, if you had 6 other income streams – it would still be terrible but it might not be the thing that sends you into despair.
So, spend some time thinking long and hard on how you can MAKE MORE MONEY! Use my form below to track your income streams, decide how many days a week you are going to work those streams, your estimated amount of extra money it will make you and what you’ll do with that extra cash!!