For three years now, I have been crushing on Pottery Barn’s Valentine Day chair backers.
But! I have never been on the ball enough to actually order them in time for Valentine’s Day. However, this year I am on the ball, baby!
I am on the ball enough that I DIY’d my own thanks to a tutorial from The Crafting Chicks!
I followed their tutorial but with a few minor changes. Mainly, to make it a lot easier for me. I am a VERY beginner sewer, so anything to make it smoother I am all over it.
- I attached some Heat N Bond to one side of the felt
- Placed the ribbon, and slowly ironed it in place. The Heat N Bond will adhered the felt pieces together with the ribbon inside.
- Once it was all adhered I stitched around the heart, to make it look much more finished.
- If you are a decent sewer, you will not need the Heat N’ Bond
- For the names I used my Silhouette Portrait machine along with the White Flocked Heat Transfer. The font I used was: Calamity Jane NF
Overall I am so happy with how this project turned out.
My plan is that every morning (starting February 1st) I will write something I love about each one of my boys, on a heart (also cut out of my Silhouette Machine) along with a small treat / trinket / etc for Greyson.
We will tape Greyson’s hearts on his bedroom door so all-in-all he will have 14 things we love about him. (Feb 1st- Feb 14th). Scott will likely just place them on a counter and I will end up tossing them for him.
A few of the items I am thinking about putting in Greyson’s Felt Heart Envelope are:
- Hershey Kiss
- Sticker Books
- Dollar store booklets
- Candy hearts
Pretty much anything that is cheap and in the valentines department of Wal-mart.
So tell me, do you have any Valentines Day traditions? I am HUGE a sucker for any sort of tradition and would LOVE to know yours!!