These Pre-primer Sight Words, flashcards might not be the most exciting or most fun activity for your child, but they are very important. Sight words are one of the major building blocks in a child’s ability to become a successful reader. There are many different levels of sight words. I use the Dolch scale – which begins at the Pre-Primer level, followed by Primer, and so on.
Pre-Primer Sight Words:
How does this work?
Easy. The file to download the Pre-Primer Flashcards is completely free, and found below. What makes these different from “normal” flashcards, is that they were created to fit on 4×6 photo paper. More specifically to be printed at your local photo copy and print center (like Wal-mart)!
Making them 4×6 flashcards, makes it SO MUCH EASIER. Seriously!
- There is no cutting for you
- You can print them in full color for super cheap
- They are all the same exact size
- You can get them in an hour or less
- Super affordable
- Higher quality than copy paper. Read- Less likely (not as easy) to tear / rip / destroy them
- The fit perfectly in the Iris Organizing Container
So what do I do now?
Click HERE to download the file. It is a zipped file. Save the file to your computer and either:
- Directly upload the images to your preferred store, and then have the flashcards shipped to you, or you can pick them up right at the store
- Save the images to a USB and take them to your local store (Like: Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, etc) and print them yourself!
I actually have a lot of other completely free 4×6 flashcards, that are all set and ready to be printed as well! Here are just a few of the options. To see them all head over to my Flashcard / Activity Card page!
How I store my Flashcards?
One of my favorite features of the 4×6 flashcards, is that I have all of them in one beautifully organized case. I have this one. It holds 16 different sets of flashcards, and up to 100 cards in each case! It is great.