In classrooms across America, the development of sight word recognition continues to be a top priority when instructing emerging and beginning readers!
Happy Monday, everyone! I am thrilled to be able to share with you today a HUGE project I have been working on. For the past two months I have been researching, designing, and creating a complete Pre-Primer Sight-Word Curriculum! This set includes over 540 pages of fun, engaging, and educational activities your child will love completing.
Did you know that Sight Word make up 75% of words used in children’s printed material AND that the first 100 sight words represent OVER 50% of English text? * Or did you know that 67% of 4th graders in the United States are below where they should be when it comes to their reading abilities? * Where you aware that teaching your child Sight Words will not only promote reading comprehension, but will also boost their confidence?
Those are just a few of the reasons I am so excited to finally “release” this complete curriculum to all of you. I have started working through the units with Greyson- and he is soaking it up! Here is a little bit about what it includes-
- This curriculum includes all 40 of the Dolch Pre-Primer Sight Words. I have divided it up into 10 units (with 4 sight words per unit).
- In addition to the educational worksheets to TEACH the sight words, you’ll also find multiple review pages / activities for EACH unit!
- I wanted to make sure that while working on learning his sight words hew as also (unknowingly to him), learning so much more! A few additional concepts your child will learn / expand their skill set while working thorough these units are:
- Math (specifically graphing and learning how to analyze a bar graph)
- Fine Motor Skills (Coloring within the lines) – Q-tip painting
- Following Directions
- Color Recognition
- …and more!
- I have also included two fun ways to celebrate their achievements (when they have learned a new sight word). Greyson really loves them both. They boost his confidence, and get him excited to add to his collection
- Achievement Stars
- Ring Booklet
- I was conscientious of ink costs, and made mostly black and white pages, with some really fun colored pages throughout.
If you have been thinking about starting to teach your child these pre-primer sight words, OR if you know you’ll be doing so in the not too distant future NOW is the time to grab this whole set. For today’s release I have listed this set at 50% off – making it only $4.99! Seriously.
I will not keep it at this price for long, and once it goes back to full price I don’t know the next time I will be offering this dramatic of a discount.
This is a full PDF download, and is sent to you once you place your order. You can click HERE or on the button below to see more about the curriculum, and to purchase yours!