If you’ve been around these parts for any length of time, you already know that I really like to take the ordinary and make it something extra special – especially when it comes to my kids. I got to thinking about how Greyson was going off to Kindergarten in only a few weeks – and how much I am going to miss him during the day.
I know that I will be packing his lunches – I think that including these lunchbox jokes or fun fact cards would be a great way to let him know that I am thinking about him (always) during his day. It will give him a little boost of extra mom love – and he really likes jokes so why the heck not! Actually– He also really really loves stickers. Stickers to him is like both the boys taking a nap at the same-time to me! So it would be even more awesome to include a daily sticker in addition to his little joke card! I could even make a reusable little envelope so it is a little present to him from his Mommy everyday. Something like that would just delight his soul. <– and that is what I aim to do!
Lunchbox Jokes and Fun Facts-
All of these lunchbox jokes and fact cards are appropriate for kids in Preschool up to 2nd grade.
How It Works:
- Download and print off the cards
- You’ll get 30 Lunchbox Jokes and 20 Fun Facts
- Pre-cut them all. You do not want to worry about having to cut them out when you are in the middle of the morning rush
- Stack them and keep them in the kitchen – so it is easy to grab one and toss it in the Lunchbox.
Taking It A Step Further-
- In addition to the jokes (Or just on occasion) – add in a sticker with the joke!
- I think purchasing a roll of stickers would be best. You can simply snip a straight line to separate them. I think this pack of 10 different themes would be awesome – and super affordable!
- If you are going the joke and sticker route I would make a reusable envelope for you kiddos. A simple envelope made from felt would be super easy to make! OR pick up one of these insanely cute ones!!
I love these adorable cards! Grab them HERE
What an awesome idea from Teach Mama!
I love that these are more graphic! It is great for kids who are not yet reading. Grab them HERE!