Working for the Fun Cheap or Free Queen – Jordan Page; for two years one is bound to pick up on a lot of budgeting techniques. Today, I want to share with you my absolute favorite budgeting technique that she taught me!
I am sure all of you have heard of cash / envelope budgeting. The system I am going to share with you is similar (in that you use an envelope) but SO much better!
I was always intrigued with envelope budgeting / cash only budgeting but I have always known it would never really work for me. There are a handful of reasons, but the one that comes back to me most frequently is gasoline. I know that without a doubt I would / will NOT go to the gas station and get two kids out of the vehicle, in the freezing cold weather and go inside to pay in cash to fill my car up. It just would not happen, and therefore that budgeting technique would not work for me.
However, Jordan’s system does work! I have been using it for over a year, and I am always on point with my grocery budget. It has been awesome.
Before I go on to tell you why this is my favorite way to track my weekly spending, I want you to head over and watch Jordan’s video on how this system works!
Don’t worry I will wait….
Okay, great to have you back! It really is an amazingly easy but a highly effective way of tracking your budget isn’t it!?
So why do I love this so much? Let me tell ya!
- It actually works!
- I am able to use my debt card
- I do not have to get the kids out of the car to pay for gas
- It is super easy to keep all of my receipts!
- This is a great money saving tip. Keeping all the receipts inside your monthly envelope keeps them organized. If you ever have to return an item, you’ll know right where the receipt is!
- They are cute
- It takes very little effort – but it keeps me on track with our budget!
- I do not have to carry cash on me, which would be devastating to lose!
- I do not have a million categories to sort, and budget for.
- I only have to have one single transaction at the grocery store.
I hope you will all watch the video and then print your envelopes out. If you struggle to stay on track throughout the week, this is a great resource to take advantage of!
If you are serious about taking control of your finances – and you want to really get out of debt, than make sure you grab this 40-page workbook – today!!